"I have never felt that anything really mattered but the satisfaction of knowing that you stood for the things in which you believed and had done the very best you could." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Sunday, November 27, 2011

....beginning to look a lot like Christmas......










Ok, so as you can see I was busy yesterday decorating the house.  I carefully brought all 15 storage containers down from the top floor of the garage and set everything up.  Then, I took all 15 containers back to their places upstairs.  Why?  Well, I had special motivation.  SF has been side-lined since June and I knew that while she was in TN for a week I had the perfect opportunity to get this done without her feeling obligated to try and help or feel guilty for not being able to help.  Regardless of how you look at it, I managed to get the entire house decorated.  I have a few more things I would like to get done before she returns but I have the majority of it completed.  I still need to get to the store for some AA batteries for all of the decorations that need them....all of the stuffed toys you see in the last picture need them to "do" their respective jobs.  We have a collection of Santas and they run the gambit of themes.  We also have a varied theme of anything goes since we have the nautical and beach themes in the house year-round.  Enjoy a slice of the decorations....

1 comment:

Amy Darsie said...

I love to see everyone's decorations, because I can't really do a lot in my home. Cooley gets into everything, and most of the time, I can't keep him out of it. So, I have a metal card tree and some towels. I wish I could do more, but Cooley is a white cat - maybe I can just put a Santa hat on him?