"I have never felt that anything really mattered but the satisfaction of knowing that you stood for the things in which you believed and had done the very best you could." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Tuesday Temptations

As promised...here are the current temptations....

SF spent a great deal of time designing the house that she thought she would some day share with the woman of her dreams....so, as the reigning candidate (hehe) I am honored to be able to utilize top of the line/state-of-the-art appliances. However, I am in need of a few extras if I am to bake and cook like a good Southern Wife. I must have this in Tangerine. It will allow me to whip up all those holiday creations that I need to make to satisfy the girls and SF. I also need this as soon as possible. I already have a 2.5 Quart one that is perfect for SF and I to use for just ourselves; however, with the holidays in mind and entertaining the kids, I want to make certain that I have one big enough to handle the job.

While SF and I were discussing future entertaining needs, we agreed adding some new dishes was in order, as we both have older sets that are perfect for just ourselves but not so appropriate for any entertaining. After some discussions as to what we thought would meet our needs we agreed upon Fiesta Dinnerware. This past Friday (07/10/2009) we decided to stop by Macy's to check them out before we purchased any large quantities. We decided to get the 9" Lunch Plate to start our test with. We chose two in Peacock so that they would go with some of our existing dishes in case we didn't like them....

Well, we have used them all weekend and have decided to get busy purchasing the quantities that we want/need to make a full set. We now have to get six more of the Peacock Lunch Plates. We have decided to mix and match in lieu of a traditional set of dishes. We will be purchasing the Square Dinner Plates and the Square Salad Plates in Tangerine from JC Penney. We will be purchasing the bowls in Peacock from Macy's. As you can see, there is a theme here. We are utilizing the colors of the Lady Vols. Silly as it sounds, we both love the Lady Vols and since I am a Tennessee native, it seemed perfect. The colors will add a splash of color to the existing palate and will boost the white Mikasa Elegance pattern. SF was wise when she had her Direct Buy membership to get a service for 16 in the pattern for next to nothing.

We are also discussing glasses for entertaining. All adult beverages should be served in the appropriate glass. Having stated that, we are comfortable when it is just the two of us drinking in plastic/polycarbonate glasses because of the amount of time we spend in the pool. However, we do need to invest in pieces that we can utilize inside for adult entertaining. Having said that, we would both love to have a complete collection of Riedel; however, that would be unrealistic.

We have found some patterns that we can discuss. We like this, this, this, this, this, this, this and this to start with. We are trying to find something that looks substantial without looking masculine or too old world. We both agree that we want something that is suitable for our age but no so old fashioned that it dates us. Please send suggestions if you have any....we are stumped, well sort of...

Okay, I can also safely say that I am almost finished setting up the retreat room. It is truly the one place in the entire house that SF did not leave a footprint. I have been considering keeping the Moroccan theme but updating it just a bot to make the room look a little more sophisticated. I came across this bedding while I was looking at curtain rods for our bedroom. I also liked this one and this one as well. Of course when I saw this I almost broke down and ordered it first without any additional shopping. I do like many of the elements in the picture and will most likely try to duplicate as much of it as possible while making it my own.

I have also been exploring what to do in the vast space that is our walk-in closet. Back in the late summer, before either SF or I were ready to admit that we might even be dating, I went with her to The Container Store. That was really torture for me, let me tell you...seriously, I LOVE that place. She bought 10 of these racks. When I arrived with my stuff in tow, she had saved me two of them, not knowing how many I would really need. Lucky for her, in the beginning I only needed two. However, as I have begun to get more comfortable with myself and my choices, I have added some items and now I need to go and get two more to accommodate future growth. I also want to add two of these, two of these, and one or two of these. This will get the closet functional and if I need to, I will add a few of these as a last resort.

There are a few other minor things that I need to get SF organized. The Utility room needs this ASAP! It also needs this too so that she will stop using the showers and the towel racks...The garage also needs some help and this is the first thing that I need to purchase.

Okay, I'm sure that you are all either bored or wanting to get new stuff of your own now...so consider this installment complete....

1 comment:

Miss Ginger Grant said...

Personally, I love the Lenox stemware (first pic)! Oh, and thanks for your business!!!