"I have never felt that anything really mattered but the satisfaction of knowing that you stood for the things in which you believed and had done the very best you could." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Friday, July 17, 2009

Okay, I may have officially lost my mind...

I have been bitten by the running bug yet again. At lunch I registered for this. According to the ticker, I have 183 days (including today) to get myself ready to run thirteen miles. This is seven more than I did in February. I am nervous and excited all at the same time. I have called my running advisor and I will be getting some new running shoes within the next two weeks. My current pair will suffice until then.

I am thinking about adding a meter to the side bar to track my progress and also adding some stats to keep me focused. Heck, I might even let SF take some pictures of the progress, because I know that the additional training will do this old body good.

Wish me luck and/or light candles for the loss of my sanity....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anyone who can run more than a mile is a hero in my book! I'm a smoker - I don't run... LOL

Good luck with all the training!

Anonymous said...

Have fun! Running is so calming after the first month or so :-)