"I have never felt that anything really mattered but the satisfaction of knowing that you stood for the things in which you believed and had done the very best you could." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Is anyone out there?

So, I have been thinking about this spot for a long time.  I put it aside for far too long.  I had planned on posting daily starting May 1st.  Obviously, that didn't happen.  Perhaps I should just shoot for once a week until I get better at carving out time.

Obviously, the last entry was too long ago for me to even attempt to get everyone caught up.  Nor do I think it would be of any value.  Suffice it to say, a LOT has transpired.

I am still riding a motorcycle, and loving every single moment!  Not the FLSTN that was posted in the last post.  She was traded on July 20, 2013 for a beautiful Ember Red Sunglo FLHX, better known as a 2013 Street Glide.  The Deluxe had 18,821 miles on her when I said adios.  I am proud to say that all but 3 of those miles were lovingly placed on her by me over a course of 15 months.  The new bike has 8500 on her already in just 9 months.  Here are a few pictures:


2013 FLHX on delivery day....

before the inner faring

after installation

This is my idea of R&R.....

I am in love with the freedom that comes with riding.  It is the best therapy EVER!  You cannot be angry on this or you will kill yourself.  This baby weighs in at 811 pounds with a full tank of gas (6 gallons).  I can tell you that I have almost 50k miles under my belt and wonder why I waited as long as I did to ride.  I will admit that most of my miles come solo commuting back and forth to work.  But, SF and I do ride together on weekends when we can.

I also need to post new pictures of Zoe:


Zoe and her new socks.....

Zoe and Aunt May May in a serious conversation about prrincess clothes and cheeseburgers at The Hobbit

The birthday girl with the birthday cake!

Birthday finner at Star Pizza!

Zoe in the snow!  Yes, that is real animal fur.....

Yule celebration with Zoe!

upload

upload

And there has been knitting.....lots of it, so I will only bore you with the last few finished pieces:


Blue version has been soaked and is drying.....

Crazy socks are done.   Zoe will be excited!

198 Yards of Heaven all pinned out for the blocking process!

Garter Yoke Sweater for baby Noah.....it is so friggin cute.

Sweater for a special baby boy finished and ready to gift.

Hats for Italy.  One for Matt, for Rian and Liam.

Liam's blanket is done!  Three skeins of the the main color and less than one skein of the border color.  All the ends are woven and it will be packed for shipping on Monday.

One birthday gift completed.  I love the colors and this yarn too.  Hopefully the birthday girl feels the same.

Hard to capture the beauty of the yarn and the design in this lighting.  I'll have to get outside later for better shots.....

Sweet Summer Rays made in Vice Yarn - Sparkalicious.

Caribbean Gable washed, blocked and ready to attend a meeting today!

So, you can see that I have been alive....I will be attending Rolling Thunder Memorial Day weekend.  I will be riding with my parents, my younger brother and his wife, and a host of his HOG chapter members that are also veterans of many branches.  I ride for those that have served and returned to their families, but more importantly, I ride for those that served and have never returned.  This year will be special, as I will ride to honor one of the "regular" members of my brother's group that was recently diagnosed with cancer and due to his chemo he will not be able to ride.  I can in no way replace his duty; however, I can honor him by riding his spot in the group.  So, remember Sunday while you are celebrating that this ride honors those who served and gave the ultimate sacrifice.

Okay, so I have started with a photo heavy post....enjoy....I will try to resurrect a few of my favorites posts in the days and weeks to come.....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes. Try to post more with Zoe's beautiful pictures. She is looking so much pretty in her tops and sweater.

Jatin Sethi said...

wedding anniversary wishes for uncle and aunty

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this amazing post. i really like it.

Mark twain quotes .

Mark twain quotes about life .